Saturday, October 8, 2011

Meet my Assistant Gallery Gal!

I first met Stephanie when I was eleven and she was four when her family came over for a pool day in my parents’ back yard. I remember my sister and I being so excited to meet these 4 curly haired little girls (triplets and their little sister). Yes, Stephanie is a triplet! How neat is that?!?!



Little did we know back then, that our love of art would bring us together again more than 20 years later? 

Stephanie graduated from Sheridan College with a Bachelor of Applied Arts (Illustration) in 2010. After graduation she moved back to Winnipeg. She is continuing to upgrade her education at the University of Manitoba School of Art and illustrating childrens books part time. Stephanie currently lives along the peaceful Red River with two cats and one sleepy Saluki dog. 

I had been thinking of getting someone to help out in the gallery for a while. My Dad remembered that one of the McGregor triplets attended Art School and casually mentioned to her Dad one day that Stephanie should contact me about a possible opportunity in the gallery. She came in to meet me one day in March, then started coming in a few times a week and has naturally become my Assistant Gallery Gal.


If you would like to see some of Stephanie's Illustrations please visit stephaniemcgregor.ca

Stephanie would love to meet you! Please pop into the gallery to introduce yourself next time you are in the neighborhood. 

2 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

awesome that you have known each other for so long.

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

That's great that you have some help at the Gallery Jenny!

XO
Lenore

Post a Comment