Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lost In A Painting

On Friday I received 8 new paintings by one of my newer gallery artists Melissa Jean. They are all so beautiful but there is one piece in particular that I can't stop looking at. Every time I glance over, I can't help getting lost inside it. Being surrounded by art & artists every day, this is not something new for me but it's such a wonderful feeling. Isn't that what art's all about?

This painting for instance... Can't you just feel the water around your ankles and then the sand between your toes when the water rushes back? Can you see the sweet little bubbles created by the water coming and going? The movement and clarity of the water glistening in the sun makes me smile. I know the lake water is cold but I can't help wanting to dive in for a swim. It really takes my breath away.

From Coney Beach, 24x24 acrylic on canvas by Melissa Jean

This is one of the moments that makes me thankful for what I do everyday. Bringing joy to so many people with art... what could be better?

Is there a piece of art that you get lost in? A piece that takes you away? It can be anything... Art is everywhere! 

Take a  moment today... Get lost in some ART!

You can view more of Melissa Jean's paintings here.

7 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Wow- I love it- it looks like a photograph- such talent.

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

That is such a great painting! I had to stare at it for ages to work out that it wasn't a photograph!

little t said...

That is so beautiful.

Kelly said...

So beautiful! That kind of talent is humbling. Thank you!

Sam said...

I would love to see that person in person. The movement that it gives off in the photo alone is amazing I couldn't imagine what it is like in person.

Diana Mieczan said...

Wow this piece is totally incredible. I also can almost feel the water as well. AMAZING! Have a lovely day, my dear
Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting an amazing GIVEAWAY today! You can win 5 cool art posters!

Krystal said...

gerhard richter, hands down. i just met him today and was blown away! (well not met him literally...but i found his work :))

Post a Comment