Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reflections on A Great Year!

The gallery is back to regular hours after a nice break between Christmas & New Years.

2010 was an Unforgettable Year!!! Planning my wedding and getting married in July, marked 2010 as one of the best times in my life! Although stressful at times, planning all the little details that went into making our day so special was all worth it.

I finally got the disc of our professional wedding photos so I hope to share more moments of our day soon. There's a peek in a couple earlier posts here and here.


July 2010 also marked my 10 year anniversary of owning Woodlands Gallery! I still had one year left in University when I took over the gallery in July 2000 and really had no clue what I was getting into. It was a bit of a struggle to say the least; going to school full time (my thesis year) and trying to get to know the new business I was supposed to be running. But here I am today with a successful art business that I absolutely LOVE!

One of the major milestones for the gallery was moving to Academy Road in February 2005, when I changed the focus of the gallery to representing Original Canadian Art. I can't believe it's almost been 6 years! Because February 2010 marked 5 years on Academy, we treated the gallery to a much needed interior makeover seen here. The building owner also gave the gallery an even more needed exterior makeover.


Two of my best friends had their first babies in 2010, which has been such a unbelievable experience to be close to. I sooo look forward to watching them grow up!

There are babies everywhere lately! Not only were two out of three of my bridesmaids expecting at our wedding, there were all together 6 pregnant women at our wedding of only about 100 people. The last of our 6 friends had a baby boy (her third) on Christmas day. Lots of babies...


...which YES makes me think more of starting a family of my own someday. It seems to be the next question on everyone's mind lately... "so when are you planning to have children?". And I absolutely do want to have babies... when we're ready... maybe in the next couple of years :)

In September, Ryan and I went to San Francisco and Wine Country. Another experience of a lifetime! Cable cars, the Golden Gate Bridge, crazy hills, Alcatraz, Pier 39, the 49ers, murals, Muir Woods, delicious wine & food, so many amazing photos and so much more!

I do plan on sharing more photos of our trip... they just need to be selected from over 2000 shots and sized down which can be a tedious task to say the least. Especially since my computer at home is in need of a major overhaul. You can check out a glimpse of our day at the Robert Mondavi Winery in Napa here.


So here's to looking forward to great things in 2011! There are a few new artists being introduced to the gallery this year, solo shows for Angela Morgan and Hugh G. Rice and of course more new works by all gallery artists throughout the year.

On a personal level, Ryan and I are looking forward to finishing our basement at home, which has been a work in progress for almost 2 years. But it's really starting to come together... He has a few exterior walls built and the plumbing for the new laundry room is all set up. Our new washer & dryer are coming on Saturday! When it's all done (I'm hoping for September) I'll make sure to post some before and after shots.

Happy 2011 Everyone!!! I can't wait to hear about what's going on in all of your lives too!

2 comments:

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

What an amazing 2010 you have to reflect back on! I was so honoured to be at your wedding and see the results of all your hard work and attention to detail...as I've said before, it was gorgeous!

And congrats on the gallery milestone, that is so wonderful. How great it must be to go to work everyday and be surrounded by something you're so passionate about!

XO
Lenore

Stacey said...

2010 was an awesome year for you, especially with your wedding and the gallery! It's great to have you back-can't wait to see more wedding pics! Happy New Year to you doll! XX

Post a Comment