Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Surprise To My Love...

Recently I shared that my hubby and I are leaving soon for our honeymoon in San Francisco and that if we're lucky this might be our first of two (I'll get to this part later).

A Little Background Info: My husband Ryan was born in the San Francisco Bay area but only lived there for a few years before moving to Canada. He was raised Roman Catholic and even went to Catholic schools growing up. But the number one Sunday ritual in his house was 49ers football. He watched every game with his dad and his whole family were fans.
Ryan has only been back to San Francisco a couple times since he moved here and has never been to a 49ers football game. Here's where I come in....

The Surprise: Since we got engaged I have been planning my wedding gift to him. The gift had four parts to it and when he opened it the day after our wedding, he shed a few tears.

Gift #1 - WestJet Buddy Passes
(almost free passes to any westjet destination)

Gift #2 - San Francisco Travel Brochures

Gift #3 - Matching 49ers Jerseys and 49ers Hats

At this point he still couldn't guess what the 4th gift was... he was too blown away that we were going to San Francisco.

See the Huge Smile?

This is when the tears came :)
Gift #4 - A 49ers Home Game Schedule
& Tickets to a 49ers Home Game!

Even though we'll only be going to one game, I ended up getting season tickets. Yes I'm crazy! But I'm selling the rest (and I only have 3 games left to sell). I wasn't sure when we would be able to get away so I wanted to leave the options open as to what game we were going to. I also wanted to make sure we got reasonably good seats at a reasonable price.

He was pretty excited to say the least!

He could not believe how I had pulled this off as a surprise and never would have imagined that I would get him tickets to see a game.

A virtual view from our seats

Fingers Crossed: Originally this trip to SF was only going to be a weekend trip to see the game. Well shortly after the wedding, Ryan got a new job and his vacation time is pretty much nil for the first year. So because this trip was somewhat already planned we've decided to extend it and stay in Sonoma Wine Country for a few days as a mini honeymoon. We plan to tour some local wineries, try some delicious wines, eat fresh cheese and other farmers market goods and book some services at the luxurious hotel spa. Our original honeymoon plan was to escape to a tropical beach resort sometime in the winter but we can only keep our fingers crossed that we will get vacation time for this one too. Wouldn't it be lovely to have two honeymoons? I can dream. 

What kind of surprises have you received or planned for someone you love? I would love to hear about them!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

First, that was the best wedding gift ever. I know you've gotten a whole bunch o wife points for that!:-). Also, it's awesome that you're extending your honeymoon and two honeymoons would be totally exciting!XX

Jude said...

Awww, what a beautiful, beautiful surprise gift! So thoughtful! I also love the idea of you guys extending your honeymoon & I'm sure it will be fantastic :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh that is such a lovely surprise gift...I love those photos too...So happy!!!
Kisses,sweetie

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

What a great post-

Lovely suprise.

I do love the smiles on both of you-

My husband would love it if I did that for him-For a Patriots game- you are much nicer than I am. But I do love the art galleries in Boston!

Marcie said...

This is so awesome!! I love that you did all this planning! I hope you have a blast.

xo M

Marcie said...

Sonoma is great for tasting! Much more relax than Napa. I'd avoid Napa if you can. It is overpriced and crowded.

xo m

Sera Pie said...

What a great surprise!! Nicely done!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ps: I am hosting a sweet jewelry GIVEAWAY today :) Hope you will join in!!!

Kisses,sweetie

Kate said...

hi! I just stumbled upon your sweet little blog today and couldn't help but hit the follow button! I look forward to following your adventures in the future! xo kate

Kristin said...

I am dying over your creativity! My hubs would have LOVED something like that!

Post a Comment