Friday, August 27, 2010

Unconventional Art

What is art? I think if 100 people were asked this question, there would quite possibly be 100 different answers. Art can be found in music, theater, film, literature, photography, painting and sculpture but there are also so many different forms of unconventional art. We just need to be open to finding it. 

This post was inspired by this mornings post on Other Than The Weather titled playing with dirt about dirty car art. Artist Scott Wade uses a paint brush to make paintings on the windows of dirty cars.


Another artist who's works may be considered unconventional is Italian body painter Guido Daniele. He paints models for advertising shoots and commercials, fashion events and exhibitions. Here are a few of my favorites from his "Handimals" series.


How cool are those?!?! Another amazing unconventional art form is pavement drawing. Julian Beever has been drawing/painting on pavement for over 10 years and has done pieces all over the world. Can you believe some of these?


I love this stuff! Stay tuned for more posts on unconventional art. We're visiting San Francisco in September and I hear there are some great murals in the Mission District.

4 comments:

MrsFord said...

aren't those chalk drawings amazing?! thanks for adding me!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I really like the elephant hands, and the sidewalk drawings!

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Those are so incredible! Especially the one in the dirty windshield. You'll have to take lots of photos in San Fran, it looks beautiful!

XO
Lenore

Colleen said...

Hey Jenny,

I was in San Fran last year and went to the Mission District when I was there! There are some great murals there (I have some pictures on my facebook page) if you have any questions about San Fran let me know! You'll have a great time!

Post a Comment