Saturday, August 21, 2010

In the Window

Sitting at my computer desk this afternoon, I noticed the light that was coming in the front gallery window was really highlighting the texture on some new paintings by Sheila Kernan and Sonja Kobrehel. Excited to keep testing my new camera, I tried to take some shots without the flash allowing the natural light to show off these great pieces.


 After The Rain, 36x15 by Sheila Kernan

I managed to get some really cool detailed shots. I love the bright colours, the thick texture and the unique painting techniques both Sheila and Sonja use. The following are close up shots taken from the side of Sheila Kernan's "After The Rain". The light coming in from the window really shows off the texture. To see more of Sheila's work click here.



The details are great little abstractions in themselves. Below are a couple shots of Sonja Kobrehel's painting. There is something very whimsical about Sonja's work. To see more of Sonja's work click here.

#338, 11x11 by Sonja Kobrehel


These paintings are fun, fun, fun! It's also fun to try new things with my camera. I purchased some written lessons online today about how to use and take better photos with you digital SLR camera. I haven't gotten into reading them yet but I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'll take a class with you! I have been wanting to sign up for a class to learn how to actually use my camera...

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Great shots! I love how you can really see the texture!

XO
Lenore

Tanya said...

Love the title of this latest post Jenny - I think it should be a regular. Whenever I drive by I always take a peek to see "whats in the window." I also love these pieces...I don't recall seeing any of the Sheila Kernan before, love the color and movement...very tempted to come in for a closer look.

The Gallery Gal said...

Thanks ladies!
- Jocelyn, I was thinking of taking a course at Prairie View Photography but time is always the issue. When did you get a new camera?
- Tanya, Maybe "In the Window" will become a regular posting :) Sheila is a fairly new artist in the gallery. I'm really excited about her too!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

love love love your detail shots.

Love after the rain- really colorful.

Post a Comment