Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm Back!

It felt like I was off to a good start for a beginner blogger. I managed to add about 3 posts a month in April, May and June so I bet all of you out there are wondering where I've been since June 5th. Well let me fill you in....

Wedding, Wedding, Wedding!!!


On Saturday July24th I got married! It was the most beautiful day of my life! Everything was perfect and we are so happy. Above is a great shot by a friend of mine of our entrance to the reception hall as Mr. & Mrs.

The whole day & evening was better than we could have asked for. On Wednesday July 21st the weather forecast was 100% chance of rain. Have you ever heard of such a guarantee? Well lucky for us they could not have been more wrong! Saturday July 24th was an absolutely beautiful day with 100% blue sky & sun and 0% rain.

Now getting to my excuses for the lack of blog posts... After a one year engagement I was sure I would have had everything all planned out ahead of time so the last couple of months before the wedding could be a fun and exciting lead up to the most important day of my life. Well... I should really know myself better than that by now. I've always been a bit of a last minute gal and I know I work hard under pressure but wasn't expecting how much work it would be. Aside from the day to day activities at the gallery I have been living, dreaming and breathing wedding for the last two months.

In addition to all the regular last minute meetings and details that need to be taken care of while planning a wedding, a couple of weeks before I decided that I would make all my own ceremony programs, table menus, seating chart, place cards for the wedding party tables and assemble all the favors. I love doing crafty stuff like that so it was lots of fun... but lots of last minute work. Luckily I had lots of help. For about a week our living room turned into craft central with a very efficient assembly line of volunteers. Here's a shot of the seating chart I made. More to come when our professional photos are ready at the end of August or early September.


In the end it was ALL worth every minute! It was the most perfect day with all the beautiful details I could have dreamed of.

Gallery Updates...

The gallery was closed for the last two weeks of July so we could have some time to prepare for and unwind from the wedding. I'm back now and excited to focus on all the new artwork coming in and prepare for a few upcoming Fall shows. Before I left for holidays new pieces came in from Marlene Cowell, Cathy Sutton and Tara Tuchscherer. These pieces should be up on the website by the end of the week.

I'm also looking forward to receiving new work from Sheila Kernan, Angela Morgan and Hugh G. Rice in the next few weeks, hosting a Rick Bond solo exhibition in October and welcoming a few more new artists to the gallery representation this Fall. There is lots going on and I can't wait to share it with you!

Stay Tuned for more Artful Musings from The Gallery Gal!

3 comments:

shauna -Accidental Gardener / Right.Now.Read. said...

Glad to hear all went well. Congrats, I heard that you looked beautiful and that the venue was gorgeous. I am going to stop into the shop one of these days...

Anonymous said...

Your seating plan board is gorgeous Jenny. The b/w photo in the centre makes it so personal. Good for you for taking the time to unleash your creativity in the details for your big day! Afterall... God is in the details. ;)

Mary Weimer said...

Very crafty indeed! I'm so impressed with all the details. Congratulations to you and Ryan. You both looked fabulous!
Enjoy the rest of the summer,
Mary & Jeremy

www.assiniboia.com
www.livingupdowntown.com

Post a Comment