Thursday, April 29, 2010

Potential New Artist

This morning I had a visit with a lovely young artist, Melissa Jean from Kenora, and her husband Bill. She contacted me last week by email asking about gallery representation. I really liked her work so I called her up. We spoke on the phone for a short while and she came in for a visit this morning.
 
Melissa is a young 30 something emerging artist looking to expand her representation and have a gallery in Winnipeg. She is full of energy and excited to show and talk about her work. She is professional and is open to learning about how gallery representation works. She paints landscape-based work in oil and acrylic with unique perspective and use of light. It was such a pleasure to meet Melissa and Bill. I’ll be looking at my calendar to see when I can fit her in. Stayed tuned to hear about the possibility of a show for Melissa Jean in the next 6 months to a year. Here is an example of her work.     

2 comments:

Lenore said...

That's gorgeous! I love the first painting, can't wait to see more!

The Gallery Gal said...

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about her too!

Post a Comment